Criteria for Choy Lee Fut Instructor Awards
(Printed on the reverse of all Certificates)
Switch to solid background Switch back to transparent
1. All Genuine certificates must have this notice on the back.
2. All Genuine certificates must have the YMAA logo printed on the certificate.
3. All Genuine certificates must be signed by the relevant signatories (printed below signature).
4. Level 1, 2 and 3 instructors teach under the auspices of the senior instructor.
1. These certificates are awarded on the condition that the recipient conducts his or herself in accordance with the code of ethics of the YMAA and teaches Choy Lee Fut only in the manner required by the YMAA. [see YMAA code of ethics: paragraphs 4, 5, 6, & 7]
2. These certificates may be withdrawn at any time by a panel of 3 level 3 instructors or above or by the senior instructor for serious misconduct, at which time the certificate must be returned to the YMAA.
Level 1 Instructors
are authorised to teach beginners.
1. Recipients must have trained for a minimum of 1 year in the art of Choy Lee Fut and have taught beginners, under supervision, to the satisfaction of at least 2 Level 3 Instructors or one instructor holding the rank of Sifu.
2. Recipients must have a basic knowledge of first aid, class safety, breakfalls self defence technique and a preliminary knowledge of Choy Lee Fut theory and strategy.
Level 2 Instructors
are also authorised to teach Elementary students.
1. Recipients must have been awarded the Level 1 certificate and have been training for a minimum of 3 Years, completed the level 2 examination & be competent to teach the aspects of that level to the satisfaction of at least 2 or more Level 3 Instructors or above [from a panel of 3] or the senior Instructor.
2. Recipients must have a basic knowledge of Choy Lee Fut theory & strategy, Technique Sparing and basic Poons (Jongs).
Level 3 Instructors
are also authorised to teach Intermediate students.
1. Recipients must have trained for a minimum of 5 years in the art of Choy Lee Fut, have been awarded the level 2 certificate and be able to teach the art to the satisfaction of at least 2 or more Sifu [from a panel of 3] or the senior Instructor.
2. Recipients must have a good knowledge of first aid, resuscitation technique, class safety and management, push hands technique, sparring technique, Choy Lee Fut strategy and technique and have also studied related arts and weapon forms.
The rank of Sifu is awarded unconditionally by the senior instructor after a minimum of seven years training, having already been awarded level 1, 2 and 3 instructor status, when a student has covered all aspects of the art of Choy Lee Fut and has demonstrated competence in all physical aspects of the art and a deep understanding of the theory and strategy that underpins the art. A person carrying the rank of Sifu may or may not be teaching under the auspices of the YMAA. In any event it may be expected that a holder of the rank of Sifu is capable of teaching the art of Choy Lee Fut at all levels and will deport his or her self in a manner consistent with the rank of Sifu and in accordance with the spirit of Chinese internal arts.
Verification of certificates may be obtained by returning to The Association page selecting the instructor from the list and viewing the verification form.